Revised on 03 December 2018
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
•To personalize your experience. Your information helps us better respond to your individual needs.
•To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
•To improve service for students. Your information helps us more effectively respond to your requests and support needs.
•To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the user.
•To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for your account may be used to receive information and updates pertaining to your training, in addition to receiving occasional POTI news, updates, related product or service information, etc. if you have consented to receive such emails. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from such mailings are provided at the bottom of these emails. You can also visit your mailing preferences in your student profile or visit the unsubscribe page.
•To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site features.
The Peace Operations Training Institute typically will accept any refund requests for up to seven business days after receiving a purchase order.
The Peace Operations Training Institute uses the services of UPS to ship our courses to students around the world. POTI bases shipping costs on estimates provided by UPS at the time of checkout; no surplus charges are added.
Revised on 21 May 2018
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by the Peace Operations Training Institute, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old.
1. Your Account and Site. Any user who creates an account on the Website is responsible for maintaining the security of that account and is fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account.
2. User Data. The Peace Operations Training Institute will keep any user-provided data only for internal use and will not sell data to third parties. Data collected includes email address, name, organization, gender, and mailing address provided when users establish accounts to utilize POTI services. This user-provided data may be used for grant reporting, grant proposals, transcript creation, and other communications should users subscribe to them. POTI also collects IP addresses and cookies. User profiles are private by default, but users may choose to make certain details public. Any communication between users and POTI (e.g. feedback, surveys, Help Desk) will remain private and may be used to improve any services to which POTI retains rights. POTI occasionally sends newsletters, surveys, and announcements to keep students and other individuals informed of events at POTI. Students can subscribe and unsubscribe from individual mailing lists; however, students will continue to receive emails concerning purchase receipts, account status changes, etc.
3. Responsibility of Website Visitors. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Peace Operations Training Institute disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use of the Website by visitors, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
4. Content Posted on Other Websites. The Peace Operations Training Institute has not reviewed, and cannot review, all material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Institute links, and that link to the Institute’s Website. POTI does not have any control over those websites and webpages and is not responsible for their content or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, the Institute does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. Users are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect themselves and their computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. POTI disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any websites and webpages.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer any intellectual property from the Peace Operations Training Institute to users, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with POTI. The POTI logo and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Institute or the Website are not to be reproduced or redistributed without prior written consent from POTI. Use of the Website grants users no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any POTI materials.
6. Changes. The Peace Operations Training Institute reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is the user’s responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. The user’s continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Institute may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Termination. The Peace Operations Training Institute may terminate your access to all or any part(s) of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If a user wishes to terminate this Agreement or their student account (if one exists), the user may simply discontinue using the Website. POTI can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down or maintenance of service. All provisions of this Agreement, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. The Peace Operations Training Institute hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. POTI makes no warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. Users understand that they download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at their own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will the Peace Operations Training Institute be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability, or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental, or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by a user to the Institute under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. POTI shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. Indemnification. Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Peace Operations Training Institute and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of use of the Website, including but not limited to any violation of this Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Peace Operations Training Institute and users concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of the Institute, or by the Institute posting a revised version. Except to the extent applicable by law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Virginia, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Virginia. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. A user may assign their rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; POTI may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.