How POTI Training Works
- Create an account.
- Enrol in the course of your choice.
- Download the course and study the materials at your convenience. Watch video introductions and webinars from course authors and test your knowledge with self-scoring quizzes at the end of each lesson.
- After studying, take the End-of-Course Examination. You have two opportunities to successfully complete the exam with a score of 75% or better.
- Submit your exam for grading and receive your results immediately.
- After successfully completing a course, students earn a Certificate of Completion. Certificates are available in English, Spanish, French, and Arabic.
- If they so choose, students will have their name listed on the Honour Roll
- Students may also request transcripts officially documenting the courses they have completed.
- The POTI curriculum aims to build solid, practical knowledge of United Nations peacekeeping operations and related topics, with course materials written by a former Special Representative of the Secretary-General, a former Military Adviser to the UN Secretary-General, a former Force Commander, respected academics and technical specialists, and courses developed in partnership with the Australian Federal Police, United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), the World Health Organization (WHO), various national and international peacekeeping training centres, the University for Peace, and the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women).
- The self-paced method of study gives students the opportunity to complete courses at their own pace when it is convenient.
- No academic or professional prerequisites are required to enrol in courses.
- Students have the ability to engage with course authors and ask questions related to the training material.
- Students join a diverse and accomplished global community.
- Students are given the ability to ask the course authors questions related to the training material.
- Students have access to support in English, French, and Spanish. POTI staff is ready to answer questions and hear about student experiences.
What We Offer
Options for Training Providers
Who We Serve
The Peace Operations Training Institute (POTI) offers e-learning courses on current topics in peace support, humanitarian relief, and security operations. Our training provides the flexibility and accessibility for students to study at their own pace. Our curriculum aims to build solid, practical knowledge of United Nations peacekeeping operations and related topics. Our eligibility programmes serve military, police, gendarmerie, and civilians.
National Training Centres
Peace Operations Personnel
Stability Sector Organizations