Mr. Kamran Baig is a Coordinator, Common Services working for the United Nations Common System in Kenya, reporting to the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) and the Resident Coordinator (RC), Kenya. He has over 21 years of experience in administration, management, logistics, training, education, tourism, procurement, budgets, finance and marketing, and he has been responsible for the administration and management of logistical operations in the private sector and the United Nations.
His previous posts include:
- Senior Administrative Officer, United Nations Operation in Burundi, Bujumbura (ONUB);
- Administrative Officer, United Nations Mission in Liberia, Monrovia (UNMIL);
- Course Developer/Coordinator-United Nations Logistics Base, Brindisi, Italy (UNLB);
- Regional Administrative Officer, United Nations Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina, (UNMIBH);
- Procurement Officer, UNMIBH;
- Director of Purchasing for Marriott Hotels in Oakland, California;
- Lecturer at the Eastern Mediterranean University in Northern Cyprus;
- Adjunct faculty at the Golden Gate University in San Francisco, California; and
- Financial Controller with the Ramada Group in California.
As incumbent of these posts he has researched, prepared and delivered courses in management, sales and marketing, tourism development, ecotourism, and computer simulation for business management (master's level). He has written training manuals for many of these subjects.
Supplementing his work experience, Mr. Baig has served on the Board of Directors of the International Diplomacy Council, International Trade Council and Overseas Development Network in San Francisco. He has also been a volunteer for the Red Cross and for the International Rescue Committee. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Houston, Texas, and an MBA from the Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California. He is fluent in English and Urdu, and he has also studied French, Italian, and Spanish.