Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by the Peace Operations Training Institute, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your Account and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Peace Operations Training Institute disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Peace Operations Training Institute links, and that link to the Peace Operations Training Institute. The Peace Operations Training Institute does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, the Peace Operations Training Institute does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Peace Operations Training Institute disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any websites and webpages.
4. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from the Peace Operations Training Institute to you any intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with the Peace Operations Training Institute. The Peace Operations Training Institute logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Peace Operations Training Institute, or the Website are not to be reproduced or re-distributed without prior written consent from the Peace Operations Training Institute. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Peace Operations Training Institute materials.
5. Changes. The Peace Operations Training Institute reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Peace Operations Training Institute may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
6. Termination. The Peace Operations Training Institute may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your student account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. The Peace Operations Training Institute can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down or maintenance of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. The Peace Operations Training Institute hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The Peace Operations Training Institute makes no warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
8. Limitation of Liability In no event will the Peace Operations Training Institute, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to the Peace Operations Training Institute under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. The Peace Operations Training Institute shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Peace Operations Training Institute and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
11. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Peace Operations Training Institute and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of the Peace Operations Training Institute, or by the posting by the Peace Operations Training Institute of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Virginia, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Virginia. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; the Peace Operations Training Institute may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.