Self-paced training designed for you
Build solid, practical knowledge of peacekeeping and related topics
The Peace Operations Training Institute (POTI) offers e-learning courses on current topics in peace support, humanitarian relief, and security operations. Our training provides the flexibility and accessibility for students to study at their own pace. Our curriculum aims to build solid, practical knowledge of United Nations peacekeeping operations and related topics, with course materials written by former Force Commanders, Military Advisers to DPKO, experienced peacekeepers, published scholars, and experts in their fields.
Peacekeeping operations and the challenges faced by peacekeepers are diverse and complex. We have been meeting the demand for quality, affordable online peacekeeping training from day one. When you study with POTI, you can learn wherever you are, whenever your schedule permits. At the Peace Operations Training Institute, we work to take the distance out of distance learning and provide our students worldwide with a learning experience that is rich, interactive, and meaningful.
This is how POTI training works:
- Create an account.
- Register for the course of your choice.
- Download the course (PDF) and study the materials at your convenience. Watch video introductions and webinars from course authors and test your knowledge with self-scoring quizzes at the end of each lesson.
- After studying, take the 50 question multiple choice exam. You have two opportunities to successfully complete the exam with a score of 75% or better.
- Submit your exam for grading and receive your results immediately. Students who pass receive a Certificate of Completion and can choose to have their name displayed on the Honour Roll.
Customize your training with these options:
Study individual courses
After successfully completing a course, students earn a Certificate of Completion. Certificates are available in English, Spanish, French, and Arabic. A student may also request a transcript officially documenting the courses they have completed.
Earn a POST Certificate
Students may demonstrate their expertise in Military Studies, Police Studies, Civilian Service, Gender Awareness, Logistical Support, and/or Human Rights by earning a Peace Operations Specialized Training (POST) Certificate.
By following the curricula described in the table below, students can earn a POST Certificate in up to six areas of specialization.
Únete con el programa de COTIPSO
Students looking for a greater challenge may be interested in enrolling in our Certificate of Training in United Nations Peace Support Operations (COTIPSO) Programme.
COTIPSO is a blend of POTI online training and third party in-classroom training. Students will apply the knowledge gained in this blended format by writing a thesis on a peacekeeping related topic of choice under the guidance of a POTI thesis adviser.
What makes POTI courses right for you?
- The specialized peace and humanitarian relief curriculum written by former Force Commanders, Military Advisers to DPKO, experienced peacekeepers, published scholars, and experts in their fields.
- The self-paced method of study gives you the opportunity to complete courses at your own pace when it is convenient.
- No academic or professional requirements for course signup.
- Ability to engage with course authors and ask questions related to the training material.
- You will join a diverse and accomplished global community. There are more than 167,000 POTI students and alumni worldwide.
- Se da la oportunidad a los estudiantes de enviarles preguntas relacionadas con el material de la formación a los autores de los cursos.
- Access to student support in English, French, and Spanish. Our staff is ready to answer questions and hear about your experience.
Key features of your online classroom:
- A secure environment that contains all of your POTI learning and testing information.
- A list of the courses you are currently taking and the courses you have already taken.
- Access to your examinations and scores.
- Access to downloadable course materials so you can study offline if necessary.
- Access to free training resources.
The best part acerca de nuestro aula virtual es que es free to sign up y usar.
Group and multiple training license options
POTI offers a student license package to national peacekeeping centres, NGOs, academic institutions, and other organisations wishing to use our courses to train groups of their members. Una licencia de estudiante concede el acceso completo al currículo de POTI, sin costo alguno para el estudiante. También ofrecemos un paquete de licencia de inscripción por curso, para las organizaciones que desean que sus estudiantes usen nuestra formación por inscripción de cada curso.
National Training Centre E-Learning Platform
The National Training Centre E-Learning Platform (NTCELP) provides national training centres, NGOs, and other institutions with their own in-house e-learning programme on peacekeeping, suitable for providing the e-learning component of blended learning. Under NTCELP national training centres post a link on their own website and from there students may enroll and download their courses. Upon completion students earn a Certificate of Completion showing the emblem of their national training centre along with POTI’s emblem as well as the signatures of the national training centre director and the director of POTI. View existing NTCELPs and see if your organization participates.
For more information contact POTI.